Last Sunday I spent my evening on a rugged stone bench in cp inner circle. Accompanied by unaware strangers who were oblivious to my existence.
The gentle breeze ruffled tufts of hair for the young teen sitting next to me and galvanized me into painting my thoughts. I sat till the blazing sun was replaced by Saffron Street light. The streets were teeming with life and my thoughts were brimming with words. As the dusk slowly paved its way, stone bench had two friends embracing it. These two friends were the ones that I had always dreaded and eluded. One of them was a eunuch in a disheveled state, tanned face with a hapless look.
The other one was a stout purported social worker ( lady ) that you might have bumped into ( in cp); she plants not I.E.D. but miniature Indian flags trying to re-instill patriotism in you and invoke clinking of coins in her life. I was inadvertently listening to their conversation, never realized that they too had their aspirations smashed by someone who was humane like us. Their discussion was about their future, their career, children and indifferent quintessential Delhiites. It dawned upon me they were more humane than us. It is us who transmute them into such roles. then we are kind enough to look down upon them and despise them. Wondered who was more in a dreadful state, them or ............. ?
The gentle breeze ruffled tufts of hair for the young teen sitting next to me and galvanized me into painting my thoughts. I sat till the blazing sun was replaced by Saffron Street light. The streets were teeming with life and my thoughts were brimming with words. As the dusk slowly paved its way, stone bench had two friends embracing it. These two friends were the ones that I had always dreaded and eluded. One of them was a eunuch in a disheveled state, tanned face with a hapless look.
The other one was a stout purported social worker ( lady ) that you might have bumped into ( in cp); she plants not I.E.D. but miniature Indian flags trying to re-instill patriotism in you and invoke clinking of coins in her life. I was inadvertently listening to their conversation, never realized that they too had their aspirations smashed by someone who was humane like us. Their discussion was about their future, their career, children and indifferent quintessential Delhiites. It dawned upon me they were more humane than us. It is us who transmute them into such roles. then we are kind enough to look down upon them and despise them. Wondered who was more in a dreadful state, them or ............. ?
No comments:
Post a Comment